KESANOVA ДОО aims to be seen in the context of the raising environmental awareness that extends across the Republic of North Macedonia.
In the citizens’ eventual attempt to “make Macedonia clean again”, KESANOVA offers paper carrier bags made of compostable and biodegradable paper. The paper comes from industrial forests where more is planted than forested. Our inks are water-based.
Paper is a renewable resource that is CO2-neutral. Growing trees absorb as much CO2 as is emitted by disposal of the used bags. The environmental accounts are neutral. Paper carrier bags are made of thinning wood, helping to ensure continued efficient forestry with an annual increase of 12-15%.
Most of our paper comes from Scandinavia, especially Sweden. For instance, all of our brown paper is from Sweden, where forestry is conducted in an extremely responsible manner, and where more trees are planted than felled. This has been the case since 1903, when the “Forestry Act” came into force. Ever since, the Act has committed the forest owners to the country’s sustainable forestry, although climate and environmental issues were barely thought of in 1903.
By Billerud, which is one of the larger paper producers, you can read about the relationship between current FSC-certificates and the Swedish “Forestry Act”.
Our water based inks
We make use of water-based inks from Trojan Label. According to the producer, the inks are 100% free of reactive chemicals making them safer to use and better for the environment, and they are safer to use and more friendly to the environment than UV, solvent, or liquid toner inks.
The inks from Trojan Label are free from:
- Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAPs)
- Heavy metals and aromatic amines, Substances of Very High Concern (SVHCs)
- Phthalate esters and bisphenol-A (BPA)
- Hazardous UV ink components such as 4-methylbenzophenone
- Intentionally added mineral oil aromatic hydrocarbons (MOAH)
The inks are fully compliant with these EU standards:
- EU Packaging Directive 92/62/EC
- The EU’s Restrictions on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive 2002/95/EC, replaced by RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU, commonly referred to as RoHS 2. Meaning there are no RoHS 2 materials in our inks
- European Chemical Association (ECHA) SVHC candidate list. Meaning no components of our inks are on the SVHC candidate list.
Please feel free to get in touch for more and detailed information. We accept advise.